Tags

, ,

Medical Traveler Yucatan provides a list of quick facts about Mexico medical tourism.

  • By 2015, between 10 and 20 million Americans will travel abroad for medical treatment each year.
  • The number of medical tourists is growing by more than 30% each year.
  • 2/3 of all medical tourists travel for surgery in 3 major areas: weight loss/bariatric, orthopedic, and cosmetic
  • Generally, medical tourists can expect to save between 30% to 70% in hospital and surgeon costs.
  • Many physicians in Yucatan, Mexico were trained or have had medical experience in the United States or Europe.
  • 63% of medical travelers say the foreign care was better than it would have been in the United States.  The remaining 37% said the care was equally as good as the United States.
  • Many insured Americans claim deductibles and co-pays add up to more than the cost of a trip to receive foreign medical care.
  • Every 38 seconds, an American files for bankruptcy after treating a serious health problem.
medical tourism
Advertisements