As more and more Americans go uninsured or underinsured, the number of people looking outside of the U.S. for affordable quality care is quickly growing. With that said, there are countless situations where Americans require emergency care and cannot travel elsewhere, and are left with unmanageable post-care expenses. Keep control of your health as much as possible – stay informed, and be on the lookout for warning signs that would require preventative attention. The American Heart Association provides this list of warning signs that may indicate stroke or another serious condition. If you are experiencing any of these signs, don’t delay, take action!
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause