I’ve mentioned in previous posts that Mexico has become an especially significant draw for medical tourists at the age of retirement. Here are a few of the major items where retirees find the most significant savings:
- Prescription drugs manufactured in Mexico: 50% cheaper than similar drugs made in the U.S.
- Doctor’s office visits, including specialists: $20-$25 USD
- Lab tests: 65% cheaper than in the U.S.
- CAT scans: 25% cheaper than in the U.S.
- Overnight stays in a private hospital: $25
- Dental cleaning: $20
- Dental work in general: 20-25% lower than in the U.S.